Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 14: If you ever get the chance, stop in Ellendale, ND. It's a a nice little town and the first one you hit after South Dakota. There's a steakhouse called Fireside that has a very vegetarian friendly salad bar and all the food is from fresh ingredients. Even better still is the Ellendale Opera House. Built in 1904, the magnificent building hosted many an army regiment and or passing line of dignitaries before falling into obscurity and disrepair. They recently lobbyist and petioles for about two million in grants from donors and the historic society to restore the building. We met Linda who is on the restoration board and she gave us a tour. Such a beautiful space with so much potential. I told her about what I do in Brooklyn and about Irondale. She offered me a job, citing the cheaper cost if living out here. I crossed my fingers and said I'd think about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment